Next Chapter Technology (NCT) is a growing software company headquartered in Eden Prarie, MN. We have an incredible team of motivated professionals who are dedicated to advancing and supporting our software and supporting our fabulous customers. We enjoy an upbeat, flexible, remote work environment and enjoy the people we work with. Our product offering and our customer base are both expanding…and so are we!
Director of Product and Technology
We are looking for a key addition to our company to play a primary role in our effort to bring our product to the next level as we seek to expand into new markets and serve our customers in the dynamic software landscape. This position will report directly to the CEO.
Hands on contributor who will work within our product architecture and framework to execute our product roadmap, including our next major platform upgrade to the Cloud.
• Research and recommend product approach for platform upgrade.
• Work with CTO to understand current product design and vision.
• Collaborate with CTO and technical team to establish future product design and vision.
• Create the design documentation (Visio and narrative descriptions).
• Advance internal and external security protocols.
• Manage and facilitate product level user groups and become an expert with our clients’ business needs.
• Lead and manage technology related initiatives including software pilots.
Team Leadership Responsibilities:
• Coaches, collaborates, challenges, and guides team members
• Develops, coordinates, documents, and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems, and recommending & implementing system improvements.
• Interact with clients and technical staff. Must be able to clearly convey complex blends of business and technical matters to a range of audiences; ability to articulate points clearly as well as concisely.
Level Specific Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technology related discipline
• 3-5 years working in an agile development environment
• 3-5 years related Cloud based product expertise
• 3-5 years technology team lead experience or equivalent
• 3-5 years of related document management or collaboration technologies experience
• Development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL, .NET, SharePoint, C# and Reporting Services
• Solid technical documentation skills including Visio or equivalent
• Experience with UI development and business logic development