Director of Product and Technology
Director of Product & Technology
Next Chapter Technology (NCT) is a growing software company headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN. We have an incredible team of motived professionals who are dedicated to advancing and supporting our software and serving our fabulous customers. We enjoy an upbeat, flexible, remote work environment and enjoy the people we work with. Our product offering and our customer base are both expanding… and so are we! We are looking for a key addition to our company to play a primary role in our effort to bring our product to the cloud. This position will report directly to our CEO.
You are an upbeat, can-do type of person. You have great problem-solving capabilities, are an excellent communicator, manager/team lead, have an eye for details, and are excited about applying your skills and knowledge to new challenges. You enjoy working with people, leading strategic efforts, and have an innate sense to deliver excellence.
Hands on contributor who will work within our product architecture and framework to execute our product roadmap, including our next major platform upgrade to the Cloud. The Director of Product Technology will:
- Research and recommend product approach for platform upgrade.
- Work with CTO to understand current product design and vision.
- Collaborate with CTO and technical team to establish future product design and vision.
- Create the design documentation (Visio and narrative descriptions).
- Advance internal and external security protocols.
- Manage and facilitate product level user groups and become an expert with our clients’ business needs.
- Lead and manage technology related initiatives including software pilots.
Team Leadership Responsibilities:
- Coaches, collaborates, challenges, and guides team members
- Develops, coordinates, documents, and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems, and recommending & implementing system improvements.
- Interact with clients and technical staff. Must be able to clearly convey complex blends of business and technical matters to a range of audiences; ability to articulate points clearly as well as concisely.
Level Specific Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technology related discipline
- 3-5 years working in an agile development environment
- 3-5 years related Cloud based product expertise
- 3-5 years technology team lead experience or equivalent
- 3-5 years of related document management or collaboration technologies experience
- Development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL, .NET, SharePoint, C# and Reporting Services
- Solid technical documentation skills including Visio or equivalent
- Experience with UI development and business logic development